Alloy bed frame problems

Hi I hope this is not off topic. I have just returned from a holiday with my family in a rented flat , whilst there two identical single beds that my two older sons (18 &

23) were using gave way. the owners are blaming us, I dont think it is our fault as we only used them for sleeping, but either a manufacturing or design fault. Both beds bent in the same place at a join/weld along one side of the bed where a cross member was attached. Has anyone come accross this problem or are my boys heavy sleepers? Neither of the boys is overweight and one of the beds bent on the side of the bed against the wall so it was not caused by sitting on the edge of the whilst putting od shoes and socks.
Reply to
nitram

They were newish beds? For they may have been damaged by previous ocupiers. The landlord would have to prove it was you not some other client.

Actually holliday home landlords are famous for penny pinching and they probably got the beds in a pound shop. He's just trying it on. Let him sue you. If he is witholding your deposit, ask him for copies of the reciepts for the beds. Then take it to UK.legal

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Plus, it might be worth mentioning initially that you were considering asking the health and safety people if you might have any recourse for the severe mental problems the above delicate flowers are having due to the shock :)

Reply to
Ian Stirling