Allotment stake-out

We have the mandatory nutter on our allotment. Of course he has to reside on a plot near ours. Lately we have had dead birds dumped in places on our plot and some crops trampled. (& more of the same). Anyway, wonder if anyone can suggest a cctv system i could use to take a frame say every 5 seconds for a day or so and write it to a SD card? I have a car battery spare and can rig a solar trickle charge - but what/how to rig the camera/recorder? If we could get some evidence then maybe we could do something about it. tvm

Reply to
mike

You want a camera trap. Not cheap but a fun toy.

Tim

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

You can buy PIR detectors that look like they are part of an alarm system but actually have a concealed camera within them and record a frame every so many seconds to a SD card.

see

Stephen H

This might be enough for your needs, and cheap....

ss

Alan

mike wrote: [snip]

A trail camera will do what you want. I use "Llittle Acorn" cameras to keep an eye on the farm.

be set to shoot stills or video. Flash not visible at night, uses IR flash to take black & white photos. Has sideways pointing PIR to avoid people sneaking upon the camera unobserved.

Reply to
Steve Firth

ha ha ha that is funny.

Reply to
mike

combination of an undetectable alarm clock and a practical surveillance gadget."

The alarm clock looked pretty damn' detectable to me. Actually the camera bit wasn't too covert either: a wtf-is-this hole in the front, nice bevelled edge around it to make it more obvious, and a set of lines around it drawing attention to it!

Reply to
John Stumbles

Just create some interesting pea climbing frames along the edges of your plot.

Reply to
mogga

Not being an apologist for this, but as a camera hole is needed on the front and knowing it can't be hidden totally the only other thing to do is make a feature of it and pretend it is a hole for a speaker (alarm/radio etc).

Reply to
soup

I have one of those, video quality is poor, motion detection rubbish, and once triggered it takes ages to write the video then 're-arm' - so usually misses the actual event you were interested in, and the battery life in video recording mode is only a day or so. Also, doesn't date/time stamp the video files, even it is supposed to.

There is a (red?) LED that flashes when armed - which kinda defeats the object for a 'hidden' device. I un-soldered it - before giving up on it. As just a clock, it's fine!

Reply to
Alan Deane