All Washed Out

My washing machine has decided to stop spinning, What could the proble

be

-- bubbleyes2004

Reply to
bubbleyes2004

in the case of my Bosch it's always been something wedged in the pump stopping it drain - has it got a filter access panel on the front somewhere ?

Reply to
brugnospamsia

Either it's not plugged in or it's broken.

It could be one of many things wrong..what are the symptoms?

You say it's decided to stop "spinning". Does the drum spin at all or has it just stopped doing the spin cycle?

If you set the machine to spin dry, does the motor make any sound?

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

One easy thing to check is the motor brushes. My machine behaved oddly, and I found that by taking the back panel off and spinning the wheel assembly manually, I could often kickstart it into action ( accompanied by lots of greeny-blue flashes as the extremely worn brushes couldn't keep a good contact ). I changed the brushes which were down to stumps and it's OK now. Possibly this is not your problem but you would do well to eliminate it as a cause, removing the brushes is fairly easy. Of course, unplug the machine first! :-)

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Watch your fingers if you do this!

Another common fault is a broken/dislodged drive belt.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

problem

does it rotate normally during wash? does it make burning smells? if you take the back off and watch, does the motor spin but the drum doesnt? has the drum drive belt come off? are there a lot of sparks from one end of the motor when it turns during wash?

Those will either tell us the fault, or might mean more questions needed.

NT

Reply to
bigcat