All these damn rules controlling every aspect of life!

You could have fooled me, even Prescot's 'new homes' policy will be out of reach for many people's pockets! So were are all these new council houses for rent if they are serious about everyone having a decent house to live in at an affordable cost - it's not in the private sector from what I read?...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

They pay the absolute minimum they can get away with. And only increase it through union pressure or when losing staff.

Except for board members, obviously.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In our village there is a triangle of land between a major and a minor road. It was originally a fair size (20 or so rooms) superior B&B with a bit of a garden and a large conservatory used as a restaurant. It was losing money so the owner got planning permissoin to knock it down and build a block of 33 (!) "affordable" flats. Planning was opposed of course by all the residents of the village and most of the councellors but was pushed through because of intense pressure by Prescott and his cronies.

The "affordable" flats are now complete and range in price from £145K (one bed) to £270K (two bed). One parking space per flat (and a whole SIX more for visitors) in a village with very little public transport and the nearest station 3 miles away.

Perfect housing for all those teachers, nurses and young families who can't afford the current inflated house prices! Good job they are so cheap huh?

Reply to
Geoffrey

Have you ever been to Liverpool?

Reply to
John Cartmell

The problem with lying through your teeth is that eventually you might start to believe it. Stop believing in lies now before your mind retires into a 100% fantasy world.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Fourth cousin thrice removed. It's actually quite close. Interesting snippet. How verified is all this?

Reply to
John Cartmell

Jerry, please get therapy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

He is making it all up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Which is far from what you are doing.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

or when wishing to recruit better people than their competition - always assuming that said people are motivated by more money.

Reply to
andy hall

Jerry, just give up. You are being thrashed by superior minds and me. Don't dig deeper.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

that would be true if it ever happened. Of course it never has and never will. And of course its not what was suggested.

My liking is for workers that do the work, instead of sitting round all day. That is only achieved when some fail to get the work they most want. People that work is hardly sick.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It is. Maybe you don't understand the phrased 'whooped it up'. The tabloids lied. You have repeated those lies. They were wrong. You are wrong.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Actually, and unlike yourself, I'm not.

John Wilkes Booth's father was Junius Brutus Booth. Junius had a brother called Algernon Sidney Booth. Algernon's grandson Sidney Booth was jailed as a pacifist during WW1. Sidney's grandson was Anthony George Booth, better known as Tony and father of Cherie Booth.

Somewhere I have the names of Anthony's father and Sidney's father, but not to hand. My understanding is that this has been verified by a number of authorities, though I haven't seen the various physical records myself (obviously).

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

What a load of crap. Having lived as a child, in numerous old houses, some timber, some stone, some with wells, some with earth closets, most with black mould!, I and the others survived. Although not rich, we lived well and healthily, largely by our own efforts. You don't get debt, illness and poverty from living in a house which which was built without lots of unnecessary paperwork and taxation to pay for it.

Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

The writing was on the wall in the 60's. I worked for a company making volume parts for the TV industry,and others. We normally put another 30 girls on the production line if a big order came in. Our German sister company always built a machine, which took them about a year. After a year, we purchased the parts from them, their costs were lower. One particular product was unique to the UK, so we for once, built an automated production line, the results were an object lesson in product development. After a year, we had paid for the machine and could compete with the Japanese in the US market. Our selling price was their production cost. We ended up with a 90% share of the US market for a number of years. However, the company went on to buy up the competitors but stay UK production based, instead of moving offshore(where the customers were moving) and would not invest in further automated production. The results were that they could not compete by 1978 and went out of business.

Thatcher made some mistakes, don't we all, but the standard of living in the UK increased faster in her period in office than at any time since. Then the IMO incompetent Major wrecked the economy.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

,

?...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

,

increase it

Do you pay (or agree to pay) more than you think a job is worth?...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

,

work....

they

I suggest you take you own advice!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

You don't even begin to understand the problem.

Reply to
John Cartmell