All Spares Direct: reconditioned boiler parts?

Which is why they were breaking the law not charging VAT on a turnover of around £million

There is little chance of them sending lawyers after me as denboi thinks

- they would not survive the can of worms that would be opened

Reply to
geoff

We will see, the can is now open.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Why dennis - are you going to tell on me?

Reply to
geoff

He will.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Why you, the charge is against the others. C&R have an email address to collect intelligence.

Reply to
dennis

And excepting payment.

Reply to
<me9

Don't you mean grocer's ? ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

You mean apart from:

Information you must display

On all business letters, order forms and websites, you must display:

the place of registration the registered number the address of registered office the fact that it is a limited company or LLP the amount of paid up share capital, if you have chosen to display your share capital information if the company or LLP is being wound up

from:

mick

A 'small' company can claim exemption from submitting audited accounts, ie no independent inspection & verification.

Definition of small currently less than £5.6M turnover and £2.8M assets.

Reply to
fred

That doesn't amount to VAT fraud as geof suggested. It does look like the web builders are a bit iffy as they have left the default "this is where you put the about us stuff" in the template.

I have no idea what info they put on the invoices, etc. as I haven't registered and you can't checkout without doing so.

At least in the terms and conditions they state that if you are a consumer they don't exclude stuff (which they can't anyway) unlike many companies.

I think this is best left to the authorities to investigate.

Reply to
dennis

Exempt from having its accounts audited and can file abbreviated accounts with Co House.

Annual turnover must be =A36.5 million or less The balance sheet total must be =A33.26 million or less The average number of employees must be 50 or fewer (2008 figures)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Uhoh, it's turned into one of those threads! Thanks for the replies anyway, I will get in touch with Geoff, keep it in the family and all.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

In message , "dennis@home" writes

That's not at all what I "suggested", was it, SFB?

Reply to
geoff

I know you can't read but you wrote it.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Go on then quote ...

Reply to
geoff

Sorry Geoff:

Looks like an allegation of VAT fraud to me.

This as well, though the tense alters things slightly:

The devil is in the detail there is nothing wrong with quoting VAT exclusive prices anywhere provided it is clear that they are VAT exclusive. CostCo shelf edge tickets are VAT exclusive and Makro. With the products that ASD carries I think it would be a reasonable assumption that most of their customers are other businesss' not end users. Though, IIRC, their T&Cs mention that customers are considered "consumers"...

It's messy and if they can't get the basic legal business requirements correct what are they going to be like if things go wrong?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That wasn't quite what dennis was referring to

Reply to
geoff

How do you know, you can't read your own stuff.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

You're blathering again denise

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

Grassed him up, eh? On form, Denboi, on form. Once a slimy toad, always a slimy toad.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon