Aldi Vs Lidl

Lidl has air tools today and Aldi does on Sunday.

Looking at the compressors, for example, there doesn't seem to be any difference other than colour, and they're both the same price at £79.99.

Now, I don't want one, but generally, are Aldilidl tools all the same or is one generally better than t'other?

I find the Lidl stuff (it's nearest) to be good value for occasional use.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Of that type of stuff it's mainly Lidl I have. As there are loads of Lidl near here, but a long way to a large Aldi.

I've bought a couple of tools from Aldi and they've been just as good as those from Lidl. Ie, excellent value for money.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Lidl have the cheaper air line extension this week ;-)

air multi tool is new line.

Aldi Powercraft , Lidl Parkside both great value for the money.

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

+1, no obvious difference in quality.
Reply to
newshound

Had a heat gun, biscuit jointer, amongst other bits - well worth the money - working finer years on.

Reply to
rick

Lidl Gorgonzola is distinctly nicer than Aldi, at least in my preferred Piccante variety.

Aldi soups (in pots) are distinctly nicer than Lidl.

Nowadays my route to Lidl implies returning almost via Aldi. Very little difference - until they decide to start rebuilding Lidl, when it will be about five miles further.

Reply to
polygonum

Depends on what you are spraying. For models, possibly. But don't have the flow rate needed for the sort of gun you'd use on a car or a wall. But pretty well any compressor needs an air drier.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Around my way they have both increase the store size by sacrificing the covered trolley collection area and covered walkway in the original buildings.

Reply to
alan_m