Aldi's Petrol Strimmer

I've an extensive length down a fence that gets overrun with weeds each yea r and I decided when this strimmer came up to do a little homework and take a punt on it - the 3 year warranty is always a safeguard.

It's heavy (7.5kg) in relation to some of the mainstream machines (down to

5.1kg) but then it's a 1.8 horse motor rather than 1, so there should be a bit more grunt around when the brush blade goes on.

I've got a 'play' petrol strimmer and this is really a bit of a monster in comparison. It took well over an hour to read the instructions and assembl e - and then adjust the harness, handles and support point to get the weigh t distribution, comfort and balance reasonable.

Performance-wise on long grass with the line spool it was excellent, having started for the first time, albeit on a warm sunny day, after the third pu ll.

Let's just hope nothing goes downhill quickly from here as at £100 this i s a good buy for me.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham