Aldi router table - router mounting question.

I need to use my router in a fixed position in the next couple of days. I know (ideally) I should build my own table but time presses... The router is a B&Q Performance Power 1020W with maximum base size measured at about 150mm. I have downloaded the Aldi table manual from:-

not quite sure how the router attaches to the table. It looks like there may be just a couple of clips/clamps that hook over the base and pull it up. Could someone confirm this please? I guess I will have to use a g cramp or something to hold the push button switch in the "on" position (there is no lock).

Geo

Reply to
Geo

there may

Yes the table has four clipping clamps and clip onto the base and bolted down. To be honest that table is worth the £25 so if the router you have doesn't fit tae the router back and find another router to fit as the table is worth having and can be incorperated into a large table top or piece of kitchen worktop.

Reply to
George

My router is out of warrenty now so what I did was dismantled the casing and fitted a normal on off switch in place of the soft start switch.

As its permanent in the table I needed to bypass the safety button on top of the router arm so that I could use the on/off button on the table.

Reply to
George

Cable tie is seems to be the recommended way - at least it was by a seller of tables and routers at the last wood workers show I was at ! They were cursing the EC too.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Thanks both.

Bought one of the last two with sealed boxes. I found the assembly instructions hard going and did most of it by looking at the pictures. Finished up with one unknown part and nowhere obvious to put it. Black hard plastic with threaded insert. About 1" diameter and 1/2" thick. Pics:-

g cramp dropped off first time so its now held on with masking tape. A cable tie would not reach the switch due to the body shape. May have to make a shaped block to fit it. Oh - and the vacuum hose on the table does not mate well with my new noisy Earlex combipower vac. Geo

Reply to
Geo

Isnt that the joint fence locking knob? there a fence that protrudes out of the main fence basically it looks like a draw that will be the locking knob

Reply to
George

the plastic part is to replace a similar part on the aldi router when mounted in the table - if you are using a non aldi router you won't need it.

Reply to
Tim_UK

Many thanks Tim - mystery solved!

Geo