Aldi inverter watts rating?

I had intended to get one of these last time, but wondered about the output...

Does anyone know the output wattage rating of these please?

apologies if a dozen copies of this posting turn up, but I cannot see any.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

it wouldn't need to be any more than 50W. I've never actually seen an inverter rating that low, so it might be more than this.

I've got a 150W one (which I think came from Maplin when they were on special offer, for around the same price). It handles the central heating (boiler and pump), and claims intermittent peak output up to 450W.

Generally, I would say don't work on the basis of running these things at full power continuously. Pick one which gives you some leaway. Also, the cigarette lighter plugs don't handle high currents well without getting hot (which doesn't matter for their original intended use). I run mine off one of the

17Ahr jumpstart/compressor units, and to do this I added a couple of terminal posts and fork blades on the cable end.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
John Rumm

They are 180w, as I have just found out. Fine for keeping battery drills and similar topped up whilst on the move, which was what I needed, though I've yet given it a full test.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I got the 150W screwfix unit. My unit is fed from the 15A/12V power supply point in the van.

I find that it will run the laptop charger (120W) but only if it is fed with more than 12V i.e the engine's alternator must be running.

At 120W the cooling fins become untouchable.

I have not tried on a power tool (I expect it would be terminal or blow a fuse at best). Although worth a go if ever the van got clamped...

Reply to
Ed Sirett