Aldi generators (again)

Hello,

I had seen the 850w (peak), 650w (continuous) Aldi generator:

web sites said these two stroke generators (not the Aldi one specifically) were unreliable and failed quickly but the opinions here we the exact opposite.

After all the recommendations here, I finally decided to buy a generator from Aldi but by the time I got there, they had all gone ;(

I was searching to see if I could find when the gennys would be back and found this:

seems to be an improvement over the model I saw; having two rather than one socket and an output of 1050/950w rather than 850/650w. It may be that the increased power causes a slightly shorter run time: 8 hours vs. 10hours plus.

Did anyone ever get the 1050w version. Is it worth getting if/next time they reappear? I wondered if the greater power output meant it was more useful?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

whats the official run time of the 650 watt gennies, mine runs at least 6 hours, i dont usually let it run out tho, so i know it will go 6 hours plus, but what the plus is i dunno.

BUT mine has a 4 litre tank, where as the 950 watter has an 8 litre tank to run it 8 hours,

Reply to
gazz

I have that very one, never had any bother with it, but it's not had continuous use, in fact I've just refilled the tank for the first time after a year. I take it down the alottment for strimming or other tasks needing power tools. It happily ran a 1200w mitre saw for short bursts without tripping out. I did plug a Black & Decker battery charger in it for a while & this promptly died, maybe due to age, but it could have been a spike in the voltage when it revs up under load.

Even if it does pack up Aldi will give you your money back within the

3 years.

CD

Reply to
CD