Aldi Electronic Ear Defenders

They're actually modified David Clarke, but I take the point.

Reply to
NoSpam

These look like the Silverline ones here at Amazon for =A317

product info on the Amazon site too

dg

Reply to
dg

My guess though is that they're standard ear defenders, but with an external microphone and speaker so that you can hear what's going on outside and hold a conversation. If "outside" suddenly gets loud, then they shut the speaker off automatically.

If they are this sort, I'll be getting some. They're great for sawmilling with two people, where you do need to talk to each other.

I doubt they're noise cancellers at this price.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

> Owain

Could you imagine how rich you would be if you designed a pair that cut out the noise of the wife/girlfriend talking?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

ARWadsworth coughed up some electrons that declared:

And beeped at the times that you should make arbitrary noises such as "yes dear", "no dear", "hmm".

Reply to
Tim S

I put foam ones in when the wife is snoring, problem is I can then hear my heartbeat/pulse in my ear, just as I am dozing off I wake up with a start when I notice my heart misses a beat?

Reply to
Corporal Jones

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Corporal Jones saying something like:

That's normal. Your heartrate when entering sleep, tends to slow in steps, and the odd missed beat happens. You'd normally not notice it, but for the earplugs. Try pulling the plugs out slightly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Almost certainly infrasound but if you'd complained the H&S lot would have come along with a sound level meter and measured for "noise" with the A weighting scale which mimics the response of the human ear. They seem to think that if you can't hear it it can't harm you. Bollocks IMHO.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice