aldi drill, angle grinder, etc

Hello,

I know I am a week late posting this but did anyone buy last week's offers?

I saw they were selling a "twist drill". Is that a known type of drill or have they made that name up? AFAICS you were able to position the "chuck" at different angles. I am not sure what angle other than 0 and

90 degrees would be useful. Can you think of any?

The right angle drills I have seen have always been over one hundred pounds, so if this really can drill at 90deg, it could be useful for drilling through joists.

It also appears to have two "chucks" so that you can switch between a drill (for pilot holes) and screw driving quickly. I can't see how this could work because surely the drill bit would stick out, preventing you from using the screwdriver bit and vice versa?

All sound good features in theory but dot hey work in practice and does the charger work? It looked a bit like a silverline charger I once had that quickly got sent back for a refund!

They were also doing a 4-in-1 cordless set which included a jigsaw, angle grinder, and two other things? One may have been a torch, which I don't think really counts!

Was the angle grinder a standard 4" one or does it take smaller discs? Does it have much power? Any good for carrying in the car for cutting off wheel clamps ;)

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

I was in Aldi yesterday, and they still had some of the "swing drills" in stock. I took one out the box to have a proper look - it doesn't have a chuck as such, just sockets for screwdriver bits, or drill bits with the same interface.

It stayed on the shelf.

Reply to
Toby

This thing looked more like a lightweight drill/driver than a drill. Hex fit bits too, so you need to have a set of quicck-change drillbits with hexes on them.

I considerered one (I was building scenery flats lately and a right- angle driver would have been handy), but in the end I didn't.

I think that instead I'll probably buy one of those straight-on, but very short, drivers instead (In a "money no object, so long as it's actually good" frame of mind)

Reply to
Andy Dingley