Aldi drill

Anyone tried this:

good for the price? Is the battery up to the job? Chuck any good? Last time I bought a cheap drill (Ryobi) the drill slipped in the jaws when using hammer.

Reply to
Steve

Do you really expect a quality chuck in a 19.99 combi drill?

Reply to
dom

Do you really expect a quality chuck in a 19.99 combi drill?

I wouldn't, but I am still a sucker for cheap tools. Fortunately it is an easy job to change a chuck and I have previously moved a good chuck on through several cheap drills before finally wearing it out

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Steve saying something like:

decent tools. It seems quite good for the money, though I don't expect miracles. If it lasts a few months of drilling and screwing (I won't be using the hammer action) I'll be happy with it. Handily, it also works well enough with a 12V Makita battery I have knocking around.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon