Alarm Keypad Cable Alongside Boiler Power

Hi all

As the subject header really......... Our CH boiler is wall mounted just inside the back door. Unfortunately this is really the only obvious place for an alarm keypad but I am concerned about routing the keypad cable close to the power supply to the boiler. As this is a single storey extension with solid floor, both cables must come down the wall (chased in) from above. Anyone know how much of a problem this is likely to be or what amount of separation is necessary to avoid the power cable affecting the alarm?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

My remote panel is at the front door and sited next to light switches. The cable - which is unscreened 6 core alarm cable - runs along with the lighting cables inside the stud wall down to the cellar so about 4 ft or so. No problems.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The alarm cable and the mains cables need to be segragated (minimum 50mm lateral separation) or else insulation on the extra-low voltage cable needs to be rated for 300/500V.

See here: (may not be 17th edition compliant)

are unlikely to experience interference problems. In this case, the segragation is mainly for safety.

Reply to
Dave Osborne