Akai TV probs

All,

I have an Akai TV and seem to be having a bit of a problem with the picture when I turn it on and for about 10 mins afterwards. I get white interference lines and the picture breaking horizontally. What is curious about it is that the rythmn of the interference is in time with the bass of the sound coming from the TV. If I turn off the sound, the interference goes...

Any thoughts? Would it be expensive to repair?

Thanks Greg

Reply to
Greg

is this an ITT nokia chassis?

could be loose connection or bad soldering on the tuner /in the IF section, and vibration from speaker is causing pic interference.

if it has horizontal tearing, replace c625 (if you have the 110=BA core chassis that is!)

regards, Ben

Reply to
reverend_rogers

Bad connection, or the dust/EHT problem discussed last week.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

cracked solder joint, bad connection.

Reply to