Airline headset sockets

At least you won't be able to tear it up and throw it in the bin, which was the best thing about the paper version.

Reply to
Huge

Oh yes. Sort of like Edvard Munch....

Reply to
Andy Hall

It talks a lot of sense. And gives real information.

Reply to
Bob Eager

90% of it is cack. Whinging about things that work the way they are designed is pointless. There is much that is wrong with Unix, but little of it is contained in the UHH.
Reply to
Huge

And here, for Google/ Microsoft users, is the correct link:

Weatherlawyer

20 years ago I remember that they used a different arrangement where the connection was purely acoustic and the output was by two holes (approx 6mm diam) about 1/2" apart.

They did charge for the head sets, when I sat at the back, but not when I sat at the front.

This was with PanAm and a 747-100.

Later flying stock seems to always use electricity.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

it might have been had you not added "uk" to the end... :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Pan(demoni)Am. Those were the days.

Handing them out for free and collecting them at the end seems to be the current thinking. Even Virgin seems to do that, and generally they are into marketing handouts for the punters.

Reply to
Andy Hall