Airing cupboard Storage ideas?

An airing cupboard. About a square meter, floor to ceiling.

Anyone got any ideas for storing the multitude of items in some sort of order in it?

eg Shelving. Battens surfaced with pegboard?

Some sort of baskets?

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Reply to
EricP

|An airing cupboard. About a square meter, floor to ceiling. | |Anyone got any ideas for storing the multitude of items in some sort |of order in it? | |eg Shelving. Battens surfaced with pegboard? | |Some sort of baskets? | |Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Ventilation is *important* for bedlinen etc; I use battens about 45mm * 15mm. A few watts of heat would be an advantage, if the cylinder has been removed.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Tradditional shelving in airing cupboards is slatted shelving made from 12 x

44 PAR timber (or 18 x 44 even better) which allows the air to flow.

Ikea make some nifty baskets called Gorm

which clip onto shelves and are good value.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And immediately removing the problem of the wasted space at the top of each cubby hole in a nice way for the small junk that gets lost in cupboards!

Thanks matey. Off to IKEA now. :))

Reply to
EricP

I find a section of hanging rail is also handy for sticking things in to air quickly on hangers.

Reply to
John Rumm