Airflow Aidelle Extractor Fan noisy in cloakroom

Hello,

I have a aidelle extractor fan in my cloakroom. Recently it has started to be very noisy.

Any ideas? i removed the cover and clearing out the dust (without taking it apart) thinking it was just dust but hasnt made a different (in fact worse).

Suggestions please.

EM

Reply to
theregistry786

Throw it away and buy a new one from Vent Axia. It is likely with the one that you have that the bearings are shot.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do you mean bathroom? A cloakroom is somewhere you keep coats and shoes. I'd rather people said restroom than use another word that's already got a meaning...

Reply to
Doki

Yes.... it may also have a bog and a basin

That would be stretching it rather far. The term "restroom" in the left-pond sense is bizarre since the installations in most commercial and corporate office premises in that geography have substantial gaps at the tops and bottoms of the partitions, thus making their use for the purpose of rest somewhat awkward. Of course it may be a ploy by the major companies to drive out cottage industry.

Reply to
Andy Hall

for clarity, restroom,downstairs bathroom, actually downstairs toilet ;)

Reply to
theregistry786

Might even encourage it, and have a negative impact on the sale of cordless drills.

So what do Leftpondians ask for when they want an actual bathroom rather than a euphemistic one?

Reply to
Graham.

I come across this fairly often. Aside from the bearings being shot, the fans are often bodge fitted into holes that are too tight or not the right shape. This causes the body of the fan to distort & the blades clip it as they revolve.

Try removing the fan from the ceiling/wall & see what the 'fit' is like. Should be an easy loose fit, not a force it in fit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman