aircrete - properties of 7N blocks

Are aircrete 7N blocks better for fixing cabinets etc. into than the standard blocks ? Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Lightweight blocks are soft, thus easier to fix to than dense blocks, but they will of course carry far less weight.

...which is stating the obvious really, but I dont see what else one can say to your q. Yes I do - there are easy hammer in fixings for light blocks, dense blocks require slower traditional fixings.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Oops, I meant to compare 7N aircrete with the standard (2.8 N ?) aircrete, since the 7N are not that much more expensive from themalite, celcon etc. Otherwise my question would have been idiotic - not like me at all ;->

Anyway, since I've seen the low cost of the Wickes aircrete blocks (95p each) I will almost certainly be getting them - I wonder who makes them for Wickes ... Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson