Aircon install manual

I've been asked if I can find an install manual for an Aftron AF-W-1200 split air con unit, anyone any ideas?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

AFTRON P.O. Box 28657, Dubai United Arab Emirates

Tel: 9714 2119111 Fax: 9714 2823837 Email: snipped-for-privacy@alfuttaim.ae

Reply to
Jason

I've got one in the garage (manual that is - the A/C is in the office) I'll dig it out tomorrow.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , Jason writes

Thanks, but they seem more intent on selling than supporting. They haven't responded to emails (yet) either.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

In message , Peter Parry writes

Ahh, brilliant, thank you. Could you copy and post it or even possibly scan it? Of course I'll reimburse...

Reply to
Clint Sharp

It's always worth checking out Scribd.

-- Nige Danton

Reply to
Nige Danton

Found it - I also remembered I scanned it as the original was in microscopic print on a rather crude A5 sized leaflet. The scanned and tidied files are about 20M in total (pdf's). It's probably easier to stick them on a CD and post them if you e-mail me the address or I can send them to your Demon address as I don't think Demon limit e-mail sizes.

Like all good Chinese devices the instructions require some interpretation as they bear only a passing resemblance to the equipment. The mounting frame for example which was supplied had measurements which corresponded to half of one sort in the manual and half of another! It helps to hold them upside down and drink a lot before trying to understand them.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , Peter Parry writes

Excellent.

Well, if you're happy to e-mail them I'm happy for you to. Thanks very much.

Hehehe.. I've often wondered if there's a market for people to provide decent translations of Chinglish manuals, perhaps a new career beckons.

Thanks again..

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Tell me about it!! I spent yesterday evening poring over a chinglish manual for a TECO single to 3 phase inverter. Multiple translation mistakes building confusion on confusion. Such a contrast to the excellent Siemens documentation for the models I normally use. Coming fresh to it this morning with a couple of "I wonder if they meant" attempts and the motor is running and doing what I tell it!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Sent, should be 4 e-mails in total.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , Peter Parry writes

All received, thank you very much for your help.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

My favourite translation (well if you exclude the manual that came with my first dot matrix printer), was from an Opera programme:

"Back in 1981, the Genoa Opera Company put on a production of Bizet's Carmen. For the tourists in the audience, they translated the program into English. Here's an excerpt of what they printed, courtesy of the BRI*

ACT ONE "Carmen, a cigarmakeress from a tobago factory loves Don Jose of the mounting guard. Carmen takes a flower from her corsets and lances it to Don Jose. (Duet: 'Talk me of my mother.') There was a noise inside the tobago factory and revolting cigarmakeresses burst unto the stage. Carmen is arrested and Don Jose is ordered to mounting guard on her but she subduces him and lets her escape."

ACT TWO "The tavern. Carmen sings (Aria: 'The sistrums tinkling.') Enter two smugglers. ('Ho, we have a mind in business.') Enter Escamillo, a Balls fighter. Carmen refuses to penetrate because Don Jose has liberated her from prison. He just now arrives. (Aria: 'Slop here who comes.') But here are the bugles singing his retreat. Don Jose will leave and draws his sword. Called by Carmen's shrieks the two smugglers interfere with her. Jose is bound to dessert. Final Chorus: 'Opening Sky Wandering Life.'"

ACT THREE "A rocky landscape. Smugglers chatter. Carmen sees her death in the cards. Don Jose makes a date with her for the next Balls fight."

ACT FOUR "A place in Seville. Procession of Ballsfighters. The roaring of balls is heard in the arena. Escamillo enters (Aria and chorus: 'Toreador. Toradeor. All hail the Balls of a Toreador.') Enter Don Jose (Aria: 'I besmooch you.') Carmen repells him. She wants to join Escamillo now chaired by the crowd. Don Jose stabbs her. (Aria: 'Oh, rupture, rupture.') He sings: 'Oh, my seductive Carmen.'''

*Bathroom Readers Institute"
Reply to
John Rumm

I doubt it. I used to do translations for pharmaceutical companies from Shiteglish to English as she is spoke. I offered my services to a number of Malayan, Chinese and Japanese companies and got told that they didn't really care if the English was bad.

Hmm, I can recall one from a boiler in the 1970s that had an instruction to "Ensure that the gland is most firmly pressed into the material. In the even not pressed hard enough continue pressing until spurts. If spurts considerable wipe off. And repeat pressing until exhausted."

Anyway, who can forget Zero Wing?

------------ Outside Ship - An explosion occurs.

Ship's Bridge Captain: "What happen ?" Mechanic: "Somebody set up us the bomb."

Close-Up of Excited Communications Officer Operator: "We get signal." Captain: "What !"

Ship's Bridge Operator: "Main screen turn on." (CATS appears) Captain: "It's you !!"

Close up of CATS CATS: "How are you gentlemen !!" CATS: "All your base are belong to us." CATS: "You are on the way to destruction."

Captain: "What you say !!" CATS: "You have no chance to survive make your time."

Ship's Bridge CATS: "Ha ha ha ha ...."

Close up of Forlorn Captain Operator: "Captain !!"

Ship's Bridge (ZIGs on monitors) Captain: "Take off every 'ZIG'!!"

Shows a ZIG pilot powering up Captain: "You know what you doing."

Shows a ZIG moving into launch position Captain: "Move 'ZIG'."

ZIGs on monitors, Bridge Explodes Captain: "For great justice."

------------

Reply to
Steve Firth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Peter Parry saying something like:

Grimly Curmudgeon

Thanks, I had forgotten about them. If the OP doesn't get the e-mailed ones I'll put them there.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Just seen that he has received them.

As far as Chinglish goes I have an exposure meter which warns "Do not fall this unit down the floor or damage will be resulted"

Reply to
Peter Parry