Aircon Coolers

Several websites which I have looked at state that refrigerant coolers can't be used if the ambient temp. is below 21C. What's the reason for this? I'd like to use one of the 'through-wall' or 'split' systems for a Coldroom. Do any UK retailers supply the US 'KoolSpace' or 'WhisperKool' units which seem designed for this purpose? I haven't found any via Google.

-- Any help TIA Please reply to Newsgroup scrambled address

Reply to
mutley

Hi,

I've seen dismantleable refrigeration rooms on Ebay so they must be available, try a commercial refrigeration supplier.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Many aircon units will have a preset minimum room temperature beyond which they will not cool. This is mainly done as a comfort thing, so when the rate of cooling exceeds the actual requirements you don't end up turning the room into a fridge.

There is a secondary limitation where many units are not able to run their external condensers when the ambient temp falls below 0 deg c. This is to prevent problems with condensate freezing.

I suppose you could also look at the coolers designed for use on lorries and containers.

Reply to
John Rumm