air vent in toilet

is it a requirement ?

BCO didn't mention it but I'm at a point where putting it in now wouldn't cause much disruption where as if I wait till his next visit (he's on 2 weeks hols) it would be way more work.

toilet is 1.7m * 0.9m and approx 5m from a fresh air source, i.e. the exterior door into the basement

I could put a 100mm vent pipe in with electric extraction but is it necessary ? it's not as if the toilet will be used that regularly

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

Yes.

The door is not a fresh air source.

Don't know about extraction, but the BCO failed my loo on the grounds the window was sealed to the outside world. It had to be an opening window of a certain cross sectional area in relation to the floor area.

Take a look at the planning regs site for your region.

Rgds

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy