Air pipe on old lorry?

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Newshound" saying something like:

You'd be surprised at the resonant effects on pipes running along chassis, which makes it all the more important to secure them well - firmly and loosely, as appropriate.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Just had a thought about this. There should be a flexible pipe section somewhere between the last pipe mount on the engine/gearbox, and the first mount on the chassis. If there's no flexi section, then the new pipe will crack quite quickly. It's normally a steel reinforced/braided flexi section.

Reply to
moray