air locks

My loft tank to bathroom is very susceptible to air locks and after doing some work I have one again. Last time I attached a hose from the outside tap and on to washbasin tap and blew the air back, this time it doesn't seem to be working.

Should the (also airlocked) bath tap be open or closed? The cistern is also airlocked.

Any ideas welcome.

Reply to
Mike.. . . .

My loft tank to bathroom is very susceptible to air locks and after

Do you have a mixer tap anywhere in the house? If so just hold your thumb over the spout and turn both taps on for a while. That always worked for me when we had a holiday cottage that needed bleeding every time we turned the water back on after the winter drain down.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

My first thought on seeing the title was that you were having problems with your spaceship.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Are you listening to 'Journey Into Space' on R4 Extra? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Me too! :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

I sometimes find that flushing the lavatory will release it.If that is airlocked and empty try filling it with water and flushing it

Open, so that the trapped air can be released from the tap.

Reply to
ken

No, but I was reading Tuf Voyaging.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Following Tue, 1 Apr 2014 14:34:55 +0100, "Muddymike" :

there are mixer taps but I've been applying more pressure than that with the hose.

Reply to
Mike.. . . .

Following Tue, 01 Apr 2014 23:35:44 +0100, ken :

I've read on web people recommend sucking taps with hoover!

Reply to
Mike.. . . .

Following Tue, 1 Apr 2014 14:34:55 +0100, "Muddymike"

All I can say is it worked for me and is a lot quicker and simpler than rigging up a hose.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike