Air lock in hot water supply

Our kitchen has two sinks ( don't know why they were in when we moved in ). They have plastic screw type water pipes and fittings. recently the flow in one taps hot has reduced to a trickle. I was able to get it to go by turning off the isolating valve and opening the tap then turning it on again but it has dried up again. I have tried putting the cold onto the hot and blowing it back upstream but doesnt work because of the tap design. I can unscrew the plastic pipe fitting at the Y supply ( one supply to two taps ) just where it enters the kitchen, but don't know what to do after that.? Should I just back drain it into a bucket , or blow down it etc ?. Thanks

Reply to
nickphill

Are the taps the traditional screw down type for turning off? If so the washer or jumper may have come off the winding mechanism. Turn off the water and take it apart to have a look.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

No its a fairly new mixer tap which is fine. Cold also works normally so I am fairly sure its in the hot supply pipe.

Reply to
nickphill

If its a mixer, put a balloon over it and turnn on both taps together.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher