Air lock in heating system

Hello all

We've just replaced our hot water cylinder for a new one. The cylinder is an indirect version replacing a primatic one. The heating coil is fed from the boiler via gravity. The first six feet of pipe from the boiler (supply and return ) is 22mm feeding into the original pipework which is 28mm. We seem to have an air lock in the cylinder heating coil and would appreciate any suggestions on how we can clear it.

Many thanks Helen

Reply to
Helen

You need to replace a primatic cylinder with a primatic cylinder!

The heating coil is

A primatic cylinder does not have a coil in it, The primatic cylinder feeds the heating system via a clever vacum tank built into it.

The first six feet of pipe from the

You have removed the means of filling the heating system by removing the primatic cylinder. The simplist way to restore your heating and hot water is to fit a new primatic which usually cost about three times the price of an indirect coil type cylinder.

Reply to
Rusty Nail

Primatics are a waste of space. The 'bubble' is liable to 'escape'. Replace with a conventional indirect cylinder with either a new header tank and expansion pipe, or seal the system and use an expansion vessel, relief valve and filling loop.

Reply to
<me9

Assuming you now have a separate cistern for filling and venting the central heating......... all you need now is an Automatic Air Vent at the top of the flow pipe next to the cylinder.

Jon

Rusty Nail wrote:

Reply to
jsee