air intake

My boiler has been playing up and i have been told by a gas engineer to change the air pressure switch, also the fan assembly. i have done what he reccomended and the problem still exists. If i take off the air pressure pipe the boiler then fires up.(leave the pipe connected and it doesnt) Looking for any help here.

S Ryan

Reply to
Ryandoberman

How about telling us the make of the boiler? You may get more of a response

Reply to
ski

In message , Ryandoberman writes

Is there an obstruction in one of the pipes to / from the APS?

Some have a small hole where they terminate in the side of the chamber, they can get blocked.

... assuming he has the faintest idea what he's on about BTW

Reply to
raden

In message , ski writes

Hi Ian, long time no see

Reply to
raden

HI THERE THIS IS A FERROLI OPTIMA 901,AS I SAY CHANGED FAN ASSEMBLY AND AIR PRESSURE SWITCH,SAME FAULT. YET IF I TURN ON THE C.H AND LOOSEN 1 SCREW ON THE FRONT PANEL THE BOILER FIRES UP ,MANY THANK,S

Reply to
Ryandoberman

In message , Ryandoberman writes

"Looking for any help here." - I think you just lost it

go and learn some netiquette

Reply to
raden

Could you get your shift key fixed? All capitals postings are regarded as "shouting" and rude.

Reply to
Huge

I would take a look at the tubes from the air pressure switch to see if they are blocked or connected the wrong way around and that the wires connected to the new switch are actually connected the correct way around

Hi Geoff I've been concentrating on installations rather than repairs so have not needed your excellent services. I have no doubt that I willneed you sooner rather than later

Reply to
ski

thanks very much for the reply i,ll certainly check these out and hope for the best,once again thankyou steve

Reply to
Ryandoberman

Caps lock abuse notwithstanding:

It is possible that the intakes to the APS tubes are suspect. When you open the casing it makes the air flow improve slightly and you get a result.

I have this week just repaired a Ferroli (Fer Falcon) turned out the APS tube pickups are made from a plastic that gets brittle in the heat and fall apart.

IME at least as many problem with the APS tube inlets occur as problems with the APS itself.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

hello big boy[huge] did'nt mean to shout or be rude,to you ,i'm pretty new to the p.c so if you hav,nt got no info on this fault why bother to reply at all,?or are you really that bored.as for the other responses thank you very much.

Reply to
Ryandoberman

In message , Ryandoberman writes

Go and read up on netiquette, and don't be a smart arse if you want constructive replies to your posts

Reply to
raden