Air in all radiators every morning, HELP!

Page 2 of 2

Grunff wrote:

So if you don't fit locks, burglars won't be interested in your house? If you don't give your address, you can't get spammed.

It trawls files on your hard drive, and posts to usenet. All I am saying is they may not have noticed it trawling usenet for addresses (a combination of the 2 already documented actions) when they disasembled it.
Bob

How can you tell?
--
A. Top posters.
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Easily. I periodically (every few months) alternate email addresses in my from. One address is used all over the place, the other just on Usenet. The difference between the two addresses in terms of spam volume is enormous.
--
Grunff

Ta.

Good grief!

Good move.

Its rumoured that plumbers there can make >100k /year now ...

Hi Bill
Thanks for your message. I'm obviously in the wrong job!
I appreciate your comment about spam, you are absolutely right, this email address got slaughtered before, so I don't really use it now. It has an auto-spam filter on it now so spam gets deleted before it reaches me (365 in the 7 days!). Unfortunately, I signed in via Google Groups and it didn't give me the option to edit my address.
The Baxi is a bit old, but never had any problems with it (hope I'm not tempting fate). Have had a good look around the whole system for leaks, can't spot any ... yet :-)

Glad using British grammar now. Sounded you write telegramme.
Get extra hotmail address. Get signed in that. Not use again. Also sign in Mailgate -see posts sooner.
Must learn snip posts too.

Thanks STOP Will do STOP Back to plumbing STOP
On 4 Dec 2003 09:12:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net (jeanne) wrote:

That may be the case now. However I was talking to the principal of the local college at a networking meeting a few weeks ago, and I commented that it was a pity that the college doesn't offer plumbing courses. His reply was interesting.
Basically he said that in the first place they didn't have the real estate to host plumbing courses on the campus, which seems a fair enough reason not to be hosting the courses - if there isn't the physical room then it's a no-go area. But he went on to say that within the academic circles which he frequents (and let's face it, as principal he's bound to be in contact with other principals and leading figures at other colleges where these courses are run) it was well known that the UK is training far too many plumbers at the moment - if you try and book on a plumbing course anywhere you'll possibly have a wait of a year or two.
And he reckoned that in 3-4 years time the market will be saturated with qualified plumbers looking for work.
Add to that the situation where the EU is throwing open the doors to anyone who wants to come in to work - and plumbing is one of those trades which is internationally transferrable - and I wouldn't mind betting that plumbing is going to get a whole lot more competitive in the next few years. Rates will tumble, etc.
The IT industry has been through something like this over the last couple of years, it's just starting to pick up again at the moment but it probably isn't likely the high figures will be earnt again for quite some time, if ever.
So in my estimation the plumbers who are earning the big bucks right now need to make sure they don't over-commit themselves on mortgages and so on, just in case the dark clouds do gather over their industry. No good looking to the Labour government for help - President Blair has just gone on record as welcoming the shipping of jobs to foreign lands:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-336082,curpg-1.cms
Not that you can necessarily ship plumbing to the other side of the world like you could IT and call centre work, but if you take into account the immigration policy of the current government we'll be just as happy allowing their plumbers coming over here.
PoP
PoP wrote:

I think this is widely expected, so we are currently paying the high rates now while the sun still shines for plumbers. Southern European trades are happily working in Switzerland, Austria etc. The new eastern European EU entrants will be more likely to work in the UK. I think now is a great time to set up agency to cater for them, maybe even produce an English/Polish plumbing phrasebook. Will the European equivalents of Corgi and ACS accreditation be acceptable in the UK? I guess EU legislation would encourage it.
--
Toby.

I do, and I don't. I have spam filtering.
--
*The beatings will continue until morale improves *