Air conditioning thread

Oh brilliant! just like the Med.

21C? You poor sod! being that cold on such a wonderful day.

writes

I was walking around in 44"C in the shade in Cordoba last week.
It was 57"C in the sun just inland from the east Andalucian coast.
No air-con in the villa but the car was a wonderful place to be during the siesta.
--
dave @ stejonda

Humidity is only a problem when temps are high. Stop heat entering the house, use cooler air to ventilate and the temp inside will be nowhere near outside.

writes

Ah right!, so we do need to find a way of controlling the weather then. What wisdom..

Well!, who'd have thought it. Find some cooler air and all this wont be a problem then.
Where do yer get this cooler air from then, where do they sell it?..
--
Tony Sayer

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes

Hopefully not the same one as you!..

No. Wonder what plants they are then, and where I can get some as yesterday in the shade the therms were at 37.4 c?...
Now I suppose that this air is a bit less than the 40 stuff in the room with the aircon off so its all relative, eh?..
--
Tony Sayer

Tried spraying the roof with a hose this afternoon. Not sure if it cooled the loft down much but it didn't half generate some steam! Very pretty, too as the water trickled down over the tiles and into the guttering (although most seemed to steam off). I suspect a lot of water would be required to cool effectively.
David W.E. Roberts wrote:

I would think that you need to start the water flowing *before* the tiles start heating up (i.e. don't let them get hot in the first place). Once they are hot and have transferred the heat to the loft it'll take a mighty lot of water to cool the loft down again.

and running until end of year - hope this isn't the only heatwave of the century !
Rick
W.E. Roberts wrote:

For domestic buildings no, save that the core regulation L1 requires you take adequate steps to ensure the conservation of fuel and power, and an ambitious BCO might argue that this rules out a/c if there are suitable alternatives (e.g. blinds etc).
If you go in Home Depot in the USA you'll find an aisle of home a.c units of different types ready for your trolley (sorry, cart!). If we ever reach this stage I suspect that it will undo much of the work done on increasing boiler efficiencies - and you only have to look at the growth of a/c in cars to see that this is very possible.
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser

There are no suitable alternatives if you want to keep temp and humidity at civilised levels - ie below 21 and RH 45.

I hope there is! They look bloody awful!

"IMM" wrote in message

That's a revealing comment. On might expect someone who fairly recently described himself as a "full professional in HVAC" to _know_ the answer to that.
--
Andy

As I recall, generally no - although the there was some question about the weight. But I can't be sure.