Air conditioning in April - good grief

No. It's a very bad option. (a) the hot air ccles back in and (b) the hot humid air cycle back in. So a lot of the time, you are cooling the outdoors

- which is too hot anyway.

If you must use one of these portable units (and I gave up on them 10 years ago) put a duct through the wall - or at the very least seal all round the hose that you have poking through the window so that there aren't any leaks.

You really are far better off with proper split system. Last year during the 33 degree heat and excess humidity - and with a lot of electronic equipment round me - my environment stayed below 21 and below rh 45%. It doesn't half make for more productive working conditions (not to speak of leisure conditions) during the unpleasant part of the year.

Reply to
Simon Gardner

Nice idea - except the cylinder is now in the garden connected to thin air! (was in the loft - so had to go).

Having said that if I install AC, I will ensure it is capable of use in heat pump mode, to grab heat from outside when required. It might be quite nice on those days where you don't want the whole CH on but a little extra warmth in one room would be nice.

Reply to
John Rumm

They are an eyesore and should be banned. No need for them.

Reply to
IMM

Which do not create extra heat or pollution.

Only one.

I do and they do not take more energy and pollute.

Only one.

Only one item made by them. I wish they all were.

Foolhardy to have some power tools? 15 machine on frigging house? You are mad!!! You should be driven from the area by the council. The bailiff's should be called in.

Reply to
IMM

But produce more heat where the heat is not wanted.

Reply to
IMM

That's my problem - not yours. So cease trying to impose your warped values on me.

(incidentally, none of the machines is faster than a Pentium II; doesn't need to be).

Reply to
Bob Eager

So why do you recommend everybody else to buy two of everything?

So how come you recommend their products to others.?

The bailiff's what?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well you know, there is such a thing as networking. This makes it possible to locate machines where the heat can be dumped outside in the summer and inside in the winter. They don't have to be within the part of the house where people are.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Preventing pollution is warped? tsk, tsk.

Reply to
IMM

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:46:04 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "IMM" strung together this:

Er, no. You? I would.

Reply to
Lurch

Yes, you're right.

He should be driving to a commercial unit every day where he can happily have his 15 boxes running as long as he wants.

Meanwhile, back in IMM-land of disposable tools, the world's environment is perfectly safe...

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Is there *any* topic about which you actually know anything?

Reply to
Huge

Mind your own business, fucktard.

Reply to
Huge

How do you know? And what's it to you anyway? Go drool on someone elses newsgroup.

Reply to
Huge

With no a/c.

Reply to
IMM

You would throw me at the kids?

Reply to
IMM

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:55:44 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "IMM" strung together this:

That, or the kids at you. I'm not fussed either way really, althought the kids would be easier to throw than you, you roly-poly lardbucket.

Reply to
Lurch

So how does driving to a commercial unit reduce pollution?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've said it before, and I have no doubt that I will say it again - you are truly an imbecile.

Reply to
Grunff

What you're talking about is a split unit; this is quite different from the 'portable' units, where the hot/cold side are in one enclosure.

I got mine from , and found them very, very nice to deal with.

Nooo! Really, a split unit is a much better solution. There is always a way of getting a 2" hole from inside to outside. Always.

Reply to
Grunff