Air con

There doesn't seem to have been an air con discussion for a bit. Mine has been on for a few days now. Lovely. I guess it will get turned off in October.

Reply to
Simon Gardner

My car has climate control and I leave it running all year, the 2mpg extra is worth it for the pleasant environment and lack of steamed up windows.

Reply to
Trevor Basement

What, we've all got to burn in global warming hell so you can run your AC all summer?!?

What make AC do you have BTW? ;)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Disgusting. You should get your obesity problem sorted out.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Perhaps you should get a job that makes you sweat a little, then you might realise that obesity and sweating are not connected. Assuming that you are latt thin.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yup. I must get round to installing a wind turbine pretty soon.

And I have always been firmly pro nuke. So that sorts a major source of your global warming.

It's one of the numerous identical Japanese jobs. A bit over 6kW of lovely installed Mitsubishi cooling power. It's been going well for about 5 uears now.

Whatever ghastly furnace is going on outside, it stays a nice comfy 21 indoors - despite all the heat-emitting electronics all over the house.

Reply to
Simon Gardner

Solar panel might be better, or buy a smallholding and plant a load of trees.

6kW is a hell of a lot if it's just one room, if so then there must be a lot of solar gain or radiating surfaces.

Also it's probably a bit out of date compared to modern japanese kit.

Was 32ish in here Friday, but it didn't feel /that/ hot though. Got a couple of laptops (nice n quiet) and a couple of TFTs, so can't be more than 100w tops.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Yah. I seriously looked into that when I installed the air con but it was uneconomic then. Maybe it will get better in the future. Really fancy the wind turbine, though.

I plant trees anyway. I like trees. I particularly like fruit trees but we've also got a nice Cedar of Lebanon we planted.

It's not just one room and there's a lot of electronics here.

21 is as hot as I like to be. I've been exactly the same since I was a kid. The air con also sorts the humidity nicely when necessary.

Flat screens are all very well, but the cat falls off them. So the network has to include an old fashioned monitor. There are two Mac laptops but they aren't used all the time. Also, at the last count there were six or more TVs and something like 10 satellite receivers. They tend to pump out a bit when you add it all up.

Reply to
Simon Gardner