Air Compressor Fault

This might have to go to a repairer but might aswell ask here first. I ran my 3hp belt drive compressor for the first time in years to blow wasp killer into the eaves of my house. The compressor was failing to cut out so was either not coming up to pressure or more worrying wasn't cutting out when it should. I had a problem before with the valve in the top of the tank that takes the supply from the compressor corroding and seizing but I seem to remember that being the opposite ie it wouldn't run continuously.That was simply rectified by unsiezing the valve. Unless this is very simple I am going to have to take this for repair, the question is where, I am in SW Herts.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

What does the tank pressure gauge show?

Does it have a safety valve?

If you don't know the above then I suggest a repairer is possibly best, but bear in mind that you might be best to get a new compressor and flog your one on ebay.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Agree you shouldn't diy unless you are confident and competent, but if you are Machine Mart stock the switches gauges and regulators.

I had to replace the switch on the one I bought from eBay for just this (undeclared) fault

Reply to
Newshound