Air brick in bedroom question

I am decorating a bedroom in a 1930 house. There is no fire, and I don't THINK there ever has been. It has an air brick to the outside, in this day and age with central heating is it necessary, or desirable? If I get rid of it am I best leaving the air brick in the outer wall or getting rid of that too? TIA

Reply to
Broadback

Broadback formulated the question :

We originally had four of these.

Ours were all (but one) bricked up on the inside during a renovation by a builder nearly twenty years ago. The outer wall vents were left in place, though there would be little point to them being there, once the inner is closed up.

The one which was left in a bathroom, I sealed the cavity gap so all air went straight out (no condensation in the cavity) and installed an extract fan.

I think the point to aim for is not less ventilation, but more controllable ventilation.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield