Air admittance valve/sluggish flush

Of course. My mistake.

Reply to
Bob Eager

..and then stick an apple in it.

Reply to
IMM

Thanks both, but I've a subsidiary question! The septic tank does have a vent on it - fortunately it's not at all unsociable! The point about mechanical failure is a good one, but it gets VERY windy where I live, and I'd be concerned at anything poking above the eaves being blown off. I guess I have 8 foot vertically from toilet bowl water level to the top of the vent so lopping the top off the pipe would possibly eliminate the low pressure and be an alternative. What problems might that introduce (eg too close to the windows round the corner of the house) and how much height do I need to retain though?

Phil

Reply to
P.R.Brady

regulations

As long as the valve is above the highest window no prob. If the window is around the corner, then none at all.

Reply to
IMM

He means Morons, Eliza. always terminate a stack vent directly under the anal orifice of a moron. Saves buying the toilet.

(note to others reading this. Its astounding not that IMM can't spell, but that he doesn't recognise when he can't either).

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

< snip tripe by a snot >
Reply to