Age-Related Aches and Pains

it depends on whether or not the admin know what's going on. Yesterday the admin department sent an email on where to take used batteries for reclying. They got the room number wrong and the exact location wrong. They added an E to the front of our room numbers too. The fire marshel list on the H&S website is 4 years out of date, some of those listed as fire marshels don't even live in this country any more.

But the problem is they purely use paper qualifications to work out who knows the most and who should be put in charge or who.

Reply to
whisky-dave

In article , MM scribeth thus

Well I am the employer and the radio spectrum is a broad church;)....

Reply to
tony sayer

I haven't worked at that many places but I have seen good and very bad management. One of the best was at Cambridge systems technology who used to make the Audiolab range of hi-fi equipment's and that was run very well indeed by Phil Swift who now owns Spendor loudspeakers in Hailsham he had that skill of getting what he wanted out of the workforce and keeping them very loyal whilst about it, and quite well paid too:)

Also another notable was Audix Broadcast now no more, a very pleasant place to work also...

Reply to
tony sayer

It's part of the imaginary exercise scale. First cricket, then golf, then crown bowls.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

One company I worked for had an HOD who was not only a superb manager, but had also been an excellent at the job when still operational. Probably the best combination possible.

The worst is often those who weren't that good at a job but get promoted to be in charge.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The well known Peter Principle.

Reply to
Bob Eager

But it's still YOUR choice as to whether you do it or not. With work, presumably a job is needed to pay the bills and you don't have any choice.

But if you wanted to stop, you could. Your hobby doesn't pay the bills (otherwise it's not a hobby, it's work).

MM

Reply to
MM

Many are foreigners. Many employers in Britain prefer to hire them, as they are much more committed to work than some of our own lot. They know what the job at Aldi entails before they join. Aldi has the fastest checkouts bar none.

MM

Reply to
MM

They'll also work cheaper, longer hours and more liley to let slide any H&S issues that might reduce company profits.

I've only shopped in aldi a couple of times and never noticed it being fast er than anywhere else. In fact once it was slower much slower, when a easte rn european customer tried it on with the eastern european checkout assista nt say how in their country if you brought 2 of any item you could barter d own the price.

Reply to
whisky-dave

You must be the only person in the world to have experienced a slow Aldi checkout, then.

MM

Reply to
MM

H&S issues that might reduce company profits.

aster than anywhere else. In fact once it was slower much slower, when a ea stern european customer tried it on with the eastern european checkout assi stant say how in their country if you brought 2 of any item you could barte r down the price.

Have you read the comments which include. "I'm faster than her and I don't throw the shopping into the shopping troll ey...For me she looks more like a beginner"

Reply to
whisky-dave

In article , MM scribeth thus

Thats what the proprietors of most Taxi firms will tell you these days the natives don't want to work the unsociable hours, whereas the immigrant populations do like a lot of health service employees....

And its not about pay either the Taxi man gets paid by the jobs he/she does..

Reply to
tony sayer

The Peter Principle

Reply to
charles

It is with both if you are self employed.

Not necessarily. Plenty continue to work even tho they don't need the income from the work to pay the bills, essentially because they like working more than not working.

You always have a choice.

But plenty continue to work even tho they don't need the work income to pay the bills, just because they prefer working to not working.

Reply to
john james

You could always try the F plan diet (you know, f*ck yourself thin ;-).

Only problem is they say a fairly energetic shag is only good for 80 to

90 kcals or so.
Reply to
John Rumm

But the key word there is: "working", which is what they're doing. They are working and being paid for it. It's their choice so to do.

Well, you can choose NOT to work, I suppose, but what will you live off? Mum and Dad?

We've just done that one!

MM

Reply to
MM

But they may well do it like they do a hobby in that situation.

Plenty live off the dole etc.

No.

Reply to
john james

Yuk! Would you want to ?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Maybe the word 'work' is insufficient to decribe what's happening.

Crime is another option, but is that work ? Do you think that those that were driling through the wall when doing the Hatton Garden heist were working ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Not if you are both hanging upside down from the Bristol suspension bridge.

Reply to
Old Git