AGC Fanfare 30-40 warm-air boiler

Hi,

Can anyone help me locate a user manual for the AGC Fanfare 30-40 warm-air boiler?

I've had no luck searching the Internet, but have found that (maybe) "AGC" became "Delglo" which were absorbed by "Worcester-Bosch" (although I'm not sure of this), so would it be worth contacting them?

I've been running the boiler to-day but find that even after it's switched off (using the knob, not at the mains) the air pump seems to keep going. I have no prior knowledge of warm-air heating so don't know if this is usual.

Is it likely to contain asbestos? This page:

many similarly- (but not identically-) numbered AGC boilers. If so, is this something that should worry me now, or only something to worry the person who, one day, removes and replaces it?

Thanks!

Reply to
ab

Hi AB wow a blast from the past ! must be 20yrs since I heard (read) AGC Fanfare.Can't help with the manuals and not many domestic warm air heaters of that kind are left TMK In commercial properties their big brother "Parmet" type heaters are still widely used. What I can offer ,although miniscule,is that the early domestic warm air heaters were either gas or oil fired sat on a "Plenum" for underfloor ducting and side ducts for upstairs. All have run on stat's which keep the circulator fan running when the burner is turned off.This stops the heat exchanger overheating and can last for up to 5mins as the chamber cools. As for asbestos it was common place in those days to use asbestos rope to seal all internal joints and some of the early flue pipes were even asbestos.

My advice (for what its worth) don't touch and get your local gas/oil engineer to service or inspect the unit.

If it is a 15+ yr old unit then its had its day anyway and it will cost you a small fortune to run (that's 1 reason people ripped them out) If it's a more modern heater then your local engineer should have the service sheets.

HTH CJ

Reply to
cj