Affordable celotex

Yup, the widened section and sliproads of the M60 between junctions 6 and 8 is sitting on slabs of that - ISTR they did have a problem with someone setting fire to it overnight before it was covered.

My own conservatory has arouind 4" of screed sat on 4" Kingspan.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Or a floating wooden floor.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I have not bought any recently, but when I did my workshop a few years back I was paying about £14 sheet IIRC. I get mine from:

They will deliver within a reasonable area.

Reply to
John Rumm

I wouldn't put timber on top of polystyrene, the fire risk and toxic gas would make it bad.

Reply to
dennis

+1
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Proper PIR foam is fire retardant[1], and insulates better anyway.

[1] as is jablite etc to be fair.
Reply to
John Rumm

It flipping well aint.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Sunday 10 November 2013 16:39 fred wrote in uk.d-i-y:

That has improved - once Wickes were charging nearly £40 for the same!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Its a building regs requirement the polystyrene is treated with flame retardants these days.

Reply to
John Rumm

Jabalite and PIR foam burn and produce toxic gases if there is another fuel providing heat, as in a wooden floor.

Reply to
dennis

sm_jamieson grunted in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

+1

Why not? I've been very pleased with

and they deliver all over the place AFAIK

Reply to
Lobster

or screed .... I have 65mm screed throughout with underfloor heating pipes in the screed.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Not read all the thread .. but did a complete SelfBuild and had all of my Celotex from 'Seconds & Co' saved a bundle on Bldrs Merchant price.

Reply to
Rick Hughes