Aerial installers in the Eastbourne district?

A friend who lives in Eastbourne needs a reliable aerial installer to erect a satellite dish on a flat roof and run twin cable down the outside of the house and in to a wallplate socket. Is anyone here from that region? If so, any recommendations?

Many thanks.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Bert Coules spake thus:

Try

Scion

What a useful site; many thanks.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

One of my friends' claim to fame is that his father installed Eddie Izzard's father's aerial in Eastbourne. ;)

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Possibly. But my experience is that such sites require payment from traders, filter out criticism of their work, and so are about as good a guide to quality or value for money as the size of the ads in Yellow Pages. Eg we had a ceiling skimmed recently. The plasterer had glowing testimonials on a similar site but he left us with rough plaster, some deep scratches, and scrimtape not just showing but proud of the plaster. He then refused to fix it saying eg "that tape will just flick off with a fingernail after your mist coat". Given this was fibreglass tape I can only assume he has access to some magic mist.

Reply to
Robin

And did he do it well? And is he still in business?

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Yes, that's a good point, thanks. It's one reason why I asked for any personal recommendations. They can still lead to unsatisfactory work, of course (perhaps done by different workers from the same firm) but in the last analysis what else is there to go on?

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Might try asking at a local TV shop, if you have one of course, they tend to find out who's competent and who's not after a while.

In the meantime here's some entertainment of how it shouldn't be done..

Just click on Mr Bozo;(...

tony sayer

Oh boy. That's really encouraging.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Just to round this topic off, my friend used ProDigital aerial and satellite installers of Pevensey Bay. They did an excellent job.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules