Aerial brackets

I have been trying to think of an alternative to going on the roof of my house to sort the aerial out.
I have seen Aerial brackets at screwfix that allow you to connect it a tiled roof; http://tinyurl.com/pzmj
Has anyone used one of these? Are they likely to just rip my tiles off?
I have a Velux window so makes this ideal for me. Concrete tile roof by the way...
Regards,
Rich
On 7 Oct 2003 00:43:04 -0700, rich_ard snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Rich) wrote:

Very unwise. TV antennas are a lot larger than they appear at a distance (obvious really) and have quite a wind loading.
If you are in a strong signal area and can get away with a really small antenna (say 9 element), then it might be OK, but probably not worth the risk.
Wall brackets are a better option.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Thanks all (apart from the suggestion of a 750 mast!). I thought that may be the case. Why on earth do they sell these things? I have a Televes DAT 45 that ways about 2.5Kg. So i don't think i'll risk it.
Can you use a wall mounted bracket on a chimney? I have seen the 'chimney mounting kits' that wrap around the chimney and provide a bracket for a mast. The trouble for me is i only have a single roof ladder and do not want to attempt to go round the whole chimney. (It's a terraced house so the chimney is only accessable from the roof).
Does anyone have a rough figure for getting an aerial fitted to a chimney, bareing in mind i have all the equipment needed (aerial,cable,mast, connectors etc). I know it will vary but 50, 100 200?
The aerial has been in the attic for a while, but i have now got a freeview box and cannot get all the channels without the aerial being on the roof!
And the Rugby World Cup starts on friday! Regards,
Rich
(Rich) wrote:

On 8 Oct 2003 00:10:20 -0700, rich_ard snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Rich) wrote:

I would say somewhere between 100 and 150 for a good job with good materials

All this, just for that...???

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

How about a wall bracket on the gable end?
--
*Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

"Rich" wrote | I have been trying to think of an alternative to going on the roof of | my house to sort the aerial out.
Put it on a mast http://www.anchorsupplies.com/mast.htm
Owain
Owain wrote:

shove it in teh loft.