AEI Electric cable identification?

We have 2 lots of AEI flexible electric cable, unfortunately the tags have been torn off. We know one is ordinary ring main cabling and the other is supposed to be heat resistant up to 85-90 centigrade. The problem is that there is no product number stamped on the cable to help with the identification. Both are stamped with AEI England BASEC and one coil has a P stamped about 6inches past the BASEC. I've been to the AEI site but all they mention is the product number which is no help. Can anyone help as we really don't want to buy more cable? Pepper

Reply to
Pepper

Please start again. Ring main cable isn't flexible. It's called twin and earth, and has solid cores.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

To Dave My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Thunder storm while we were out completely messed up my computer. We are in the process of installing a new central heating so the house is in turmoil and of course it was murder finding all the install discs. It was my mistake in calling the cable flexible I should have said twin and earth with grey sheath. The reason we were looking for heat resistant cabling was that the new central heating pipes run a bit too close to the existing ring main cabling but we have managed to re-route it. Mate who provided the so called heat resistant cable, he works for AEI, landed back from hol's at weekend and rather sheepishly admitted that he'd been in a rush at the time and had given us the wrong cable so that explains why we couldn't tell the difference. Pepper

Reply to
Pepper