AEG Santo fridge freeze question

Our old fridge freezer lives in the garage which isn't ideal for a single stat device. I noticed today that there's a button at the top with a picture of a square wave next to it and I got to wondering if this is some sort of cold environment compensation device.

Of course is might just be for "quick freeze", "defrost" or some other function but I can't get the manual from AEG/Electrolux at the moment.

Anyone know what it does?

The model number is 3250-6KG and the PNC number is 925671667-02

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

6kg.html?page=7#manual

Says

"2. Ambient switch

Temperature adjustment with ambient temperature below +16°C When the ambient temperature in the room in which the appliance is situ- ated is less than 16°C, the ambient switch (2) must be depressed. The yellow pilot light (1) above the switch comes on. In this way, when the ambient temperature is low, the compressor operates for longer periods to ensure that the storage temperature of -18°C is maintained inside the freezer compartment. Important! If the ambient temperature rises to above +16°C, de-activate the ambient switch in order to avoid unnecessary energy consumption. The yellow pilot light goes out."

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Thanks for that. Just couldn't seem to download a manual from other sites. Just have to decide now whether to bother running it at all in this weather. Freezer is empty at the mo.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It's amazing they didn't think to use a thermostat to do that automatically. It's not like they wouldn't know what a thermostat does, is it?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

They saved 79p per unit by not fitting one.

Reply to
Huge