AEG OKO-Lavamat 72630 fails to start

Hi

I own an AEG OKO-Lavamat 72630 washing machine which has starte malfunctioning. When I press the "Start/Pause" button to start washing program, it seems like it is going to start, quiet whirrin sounds are heard (although the drum never starts turning), but after 1 secnds or so, the green "Door" light turns off and the "Start/Pause starts blinking - no error codes are displayed. I then have to wait couple of minutes for the door lock to release (or just turn the dia to "Off" and back again, which will also cause the door lock t release).

This has to be repeated any number of times 5-10-20-60, and suddenly i will start! It drives me completely nuts :-/

I have uploaded a small video, showing the malfunctioning behaviour you can either choose to download the small (1.84 MB) hi-res versio from divshare.com or watch it on youtube :-)

am interested in hearing any ideas as to what might be causing thi idea and how it might be fixed!

Regards Nicholas Oxhø

-- noxhoej

Reply to
noxhoej

We had exactly the same machine.

Looks like it stops at the point when the water fill should kick in.

When ours failed with some kind of programmer issue (still under extended Warranty) the engineer condemned it and we got "new for old" with an AEG

16820 which has been totally reliable for 2 years now.

Not much help to you I know.

David

Reply to
Vortex