AEG Lavamat 6200 digitronic cold fill only?

Relocated my veteran lavamat to a place with cold supply only, and rigged up both hoses from the machine to the outlet with plastic Y piece. Y piece turned out to be a POS so have now connected up cold fill pipe only, disconnected hot. Normally do 30C wash so guessing/hoping it won't notice lack of water at hot inlet but wondering what setting it would actually try to fill from hot on. Trial & error could be very time consuming so wondering if anyone knows for sure. I've only got operating instructions for this not installation/servicing.

I'm also wondering if I can wire the feeds to the H & C solenoids both to the C solenoid (preferably without destroying anything :-))

Reply to
John Stumbles

No reason why it should be time consuming. Try 40 & start machine. If it sits there sulking then you know it's not a "cold feed only" machine. (That's what my indesit does). Mine works fine on 30 *but*, if I don't blank off the hot feed water dribbles out of the hot fill pipe (backflow past the HW solenoid valve I guess). Consequently, I have to use the POS Y-piece.

Hmm, can't think why not off the top of my head but then I'm no sparky. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Going from memory, if it was like mine, the thermostat knob has two economy settings on it. below the lower one it is cold fill, between them is mixed fill, and above the upper one is hot fill (main wash fill only).

Reply to
<me9

OK trial suggests >70C hot fill only,

Reply to