Advice wanted sticking wall tiles to MDF

I have just (ceramic) tiled the downstairs toilet and boxed some water pipes in using 12 mm MDF on a 47x47mm frame. On one section of the boxed section is a removable panel of 18 mm MDF on which are two 200x300 mm ceramic tiles. This panel has to be removable for access to the stop tap, and it is held in place by 2 magnetic catches. Prior to tiling, I primed the MDF with diluted (5:1) PVA adhesive. The tile adhesive I used was Unibond waterproof wall tile adhesive. After letting the adhesive dry for 48 hours, I can pick the panel up and the tile are loose. Can anyone please advise on the correct way to stick ceramic tiles to MDF and suggest a good adhesive. Thank You!

Reply to
Terry Birch

Perhaps MDF is the problem - have you considered using ply for this bit?

HTH Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Car body filler. Don't get it on the tile face tho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What about buying a tin of Evo-Stik contact adhesive (and being careful about positioning the tiles before you press them on!)?

be snipped-for-privacy@thai.com! Shop all amazing products and get our special offers!

Reply to
jerrybuilt