Advice on spray gun choice

I need to paint a corrugated iron shed - 9M x 6m x 2.4M high. It seems to be a big job for a brush and I'm not sure if a roller would get down into the ripples of the profile, so I'm thinking of spraying it. I'm tempted to try this airless spray gun from Screwfix - dead cheap and possibly not the best of finishes, but perhaps sufficient for my needs. What do you folks think - any experience of using these things - should it do the job?

does anybody have a contact/URL for industrial (read low cost) paint for this job. I am planning to completely reclad the shed sometime next year so it doesn't need to be all that high quality/long lasting paint, but needs to be able to cover.

Thanks, Neil

Reply to
Neil

1 Overspray will be "interesting" as to where it ends up. 2 Long bristled brushes will be more effective. 3 If colour isn't an issue then as long as the surface is dry and clean(ish) a god exterior paint will do. 4 Wait for "Bob-a-Job" week and invest in some Boy Scouts for the work ;-)

They don't seem to do that anymore, H&S gone mad.

Reply to
<me9

I do have a compressor and spray gun, but I am concerned about the amount of paint haze it will cause, so I thought the airless spray gun might be likely to produce less overspray. The brush was the obvious thought, but it's a fairly big job and I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age, so again, the spray gun seemed useful. Colour isn't an issue (within reason), I was more concerned about price. I'm sure I've heard in the past of "Industrial" or was it "Agricultural" paint, and as far as I recall it was considerably cheaper than normal exterior paint.

Yep Bob-a-job would be just the thing... ;-) but somehow I don't think it'll happen...

Reply to
Neil

In message , Neil writes

That reminds me.... I've got some! Probably solid by now as it must be

10 years old. 25l in red or black. Bought in a moment of madness from a persuasive farm visitor.

I had a quick look through the classifieds in Farmers Weekly but, apart from a company wishing to protect your rusty roof, drew a blank.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

to know how it goes if you do use it.

I'm still pondering how to paint a radiator cover white...

Darren

Reply to
dmc

I have no idea about the gun , but =A312 it will be very basic , I would expect you will need to thin the paint quite allot , as was mention earlier be extremely carefull of overspray . most paints that are sprayed attomisise after a few feet , oil and emulsion based will travel in the air 50 mts or more and land wet .

Pablo

Reply to
pablomartin