Advice on smoke alarms please

I need to get some smoke alarms and would much prefer mains-driven ones than battery ones. Can anyone recommend a successful type, please?

TIA

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Newbury

Aico are the domestic alarm of choice. Good range, reasonable price. If you want them interlinked, you'll either need a cable between them all, or use the wireless type (which still need mains power, just the interlinking is wireless)

Reply to
A.Lee

Thanks Alan. That looks the stuff!

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Newbury

And don't forget that mains operated with battery backup is better than mains only.

Reply to
ARW

They mostly seem to be so, but thanks for that.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Newbury

I like the Ei series 160:

There's also a CO alarm and a remote switch which is worth having if you have any number interlinked or have high ceilings:

Tim Watts

I would say get circular ones - if you get square ones it's fiddly to line them up parallel to the walls.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog