Advice on hanging picture frames

Hi,

I've got some certificates that I'd like to hang at work, so I brought some cheap clip frames from Wilkingson, just the bog standard, hardboard back, with glass held on by those snap-in clips. What I didn't really consider when buying them was how to hang them! Has anyone got any advice? There's no where to screw in any eye-screws as there is no 'frame', and the back is hardboard. I've tried tying some picture frame wire around 2 of the clips on either side, which kinda works, but not very well, the clips have a tendency to pull out!

Anyone got any advice? Is the frame wire the only way? Should I scrap these cheap ones, and buy some better quality frames?

Cheers

Ben

Reply to
benb

The 'frameless frames' that I've used are designed to that the back of the top clip has a triangular hole, which simply slots over a nail or screwhead.

Don't know if yours are the same ?

Regards Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the reply.

These frames do seem to have a somewhat triangular hole punched though on them, but when I tried hanging them this way, they all seem to hang at a slight angle. With wire, you can at least push it over slightly to straighten them up!

Cheers

Ben

Reply to
benb

The clips are usually fitted in a slot in the hardboard to allow for adjustment. If not, use Blu-Tack to hold them straight.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

A couple of dabs of blue tak on the back can help them grip the wall if the angle is slight.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Hi MBQ,

You were right, moving the clip along the slot a little levelled it out!

Cheers

Ben

Reply to
benb