Advice on digitising VCR tape

I have been asked to extract a short video film (a very precious wedding

> video) on VHS cassette into a 21st century format so it can be viewed > again. > I need to decide whether to send it off somewhere to be done > 'professionally', or DIY it?

If you decide to get it done professionally then the easiest thing is to take it to your local BOOTS the Chemist. They have a "Movie Magic" service to digitise VHS etc and put it on a DVD or USB memory stick although it's not obvious that they do as it's not well advertised being included in their "Photo-Scanning-Service" see:

Be aware that if the wedding video was professionally made then you will need to be able to prove that you have the permission of the copyrite holder before a reputable copy service will touch it.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes