Advice on a quote (not DIY but topic is familiar)

My daughter's bloke has had a quote for installing a Mira Sport Electric shower in an all electric house. See below:

"Quote for installing an electric shower (the Mira sport one) was £900 ish including installing the new taps on the bath and a shower screen but not a new bath panel or the tiling. If we needed a new bath (he couldn't guarantee not damaging the bath and also we wondered about replacing it at the same time) it would be a bit more. "

Any thoughts on this? The cabling would go straight up the wall from a CU above the front door and then into the loft - across the rafters to the shower

Reply to
John

Why should he damage the bath? . If he has to stand in it while fitting the shower then place old sheets,blankets,anyhting in the bath and a sheet to cover the rest of it. I take it the shower is being sited on a wall ( false?) at the end of the bath ...are the pipes behind this wall? £900 sounds a lot for fitting a shower and screen .Is he supplying the shower ...How much is it ? £164 ?

fictitiousemail

being wanted. The water pipe could be tapped off the feed to the adjacent WC.

Reply to
John

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "John" saying something like:

Sounds like too much even if he's supplying the shower.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

A day's work at =A3200 leaves =A3700 for materials - something's not right!

Reply to
robgraham