Advertising opportunity for Dave - TMH

Medway ?

Give it 24 hours ...

Reply to
geoff

Agent Plant, not Anvil. Doh!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cost?! This is uk.d-i-y. I'm sure he's saving all those white panels from kitchen refurbishments.

dead of night on at least one occasion. Anyone know what to (if printable)?

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

appeared in the local rag tonight. Nothing slips past our local journo's.

I can see the problem. The Medway Towns were Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham, Rainham - all linked by the river Medway. They gradually grew together into one conurbation & Medway Council was born.

Everyone who lives locally knows where Medway is, but nobody nationally. If asked where I live, I'll say Rochester. I actually live in Strood, but everybody confuses that with Stroud Glouschestershire.

So far, none of the internet shopping sites recognise Medway as an address, road maps & destination signs don't show it, so I guess the council wants to improve the profile.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@proemail.co.uk saying something like:

Most aren't very interesting.

Awed My Wade My Dam Yew Mad Yew Day Mew Ma Dewy Am Dewy Maw Dye Yam Wed Yam Dew May Wed May Dew A Wed My A Dew My Ad We My Aw Ed My

Hold Wooly Hod Woolly Doh Woolly Hood Lowly Wood Holly Hold Lo Yow Hold Low Yo Hold Owl Yo Hod Lo Yowl Doh Lo Yowl Howdy Lo Lo Doll Oh Yow Doll Ho Yow Doll Who Yo Doll How Yo Dolly Oh Ow Dolly Ho Ow Old Howl Yo Old Holy Ow Old Oh Yowl Old Ho Yowl Do Holly Ow Do Holy Low Do Holy Owl Do Oh Lowly Do Ho Lowly Do Why Lo Lo

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Hey - that's fun...

...you could waste hours on that site !

Adrian

Reply to
adrian

(From the link in my earlier post in this thread.)

During the early 1940s, Albert Kothe (the sign's official caretaker) caused an accident that destroyed the letter H,[4] as seen in many historical pictures. Kothe was driving his car up to the top of Mount Lee drunk, lost control of the vehicle, and drove off the cliff behind the H. While Kothe was not injured, the 1928 Ford Model A was destroyed, as was the letter.

In 1949, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce began a contract with the City of Los Angeles Parks Department to repair and rebuild the sign. The contract stipulated that "LAND" be removed to spell "Hollywood" and reflect the city, not the "Hollywoodland" housing development.[5] The Parks Department dictated that all subsequent illumination would be at the cost of the Chamber, so the Chamber opted not to replace the light bulbs. The 1949 effort gave it new life, but the wooden and sheet metal sign continued to deteriorate in the open air of the Hollywood Hills. Eventually the first O splintered and broke off, resembling a lowercase u, and the third O fell down completely, leaving the severely dilapidated sign reading "HuLLYWO D".

Reply to
Rod

Excellent!

The Medway Handyman = Wanted! Handy Mayhem

Dave the Medway Handyman = Dewy eyed madman hath van

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Splutter!

Reply to
Andy Burns

But if you Overdo Beans with your Savored Bone you could get a Bad Oven Sore

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Quiet Randy Buns